We had 17 members along with our guest speaker, Nancy Zompolas and Jackson Goldapske, who tagged along with Mom, at Monday’s meeting. Bob Kahl had three “Happy Bucks”, one for his daughter who is a 14 year cancer survivor, his son who is a 5 year cancer survivor and his wife who is in her first year as a cancer survivor. Gary Ring also had a “Happy Buck” for his attendance at last week’s UCC’s Na-tional Youth Convention at Purdue Uni-versity. Sharon Kollman also anted up a “Happy Buck” for their trip to Traverse City, MI to see their grandson perform in a traveling band performance. Pete Vercou-teren won the 50/50 Raffle drawing and had Dan Leeds draw for him. Dan drew the Eight of Spades, not a winner. Next week’s drawing will only have 36 cards in the deck with seven pay cards and a pot of over $416.
Fond du Lac County Volunteer Center, Nancy Zompolas
Nancy Zompolas, Executive Director at the FDL County Volunteer Center since February of this year, joined us on Monday morning to update us on things that are happening at 650 N Main Street.
The Volunteer Center of Fond du Lac County’s Mission is to promote wellbeing through the connection of volunteers and resources with community needs.
They connect people with opportunities to serve:
- Provide information and services to all potential volunteers
- Connect people with a variety of opportunities in various sectors of the community
They build capacity for effective, local volunteering:
- Provide information to agencies and organizations on best practices in volunteer management
- Provide training on volunteer management
- Consult with agencies and organizations to help enable them to utilize volunteers effectively
- Offer fund development opportunities
They Promote Volunteering:
- Promote the value of volunteering
- Recruit and connect volunteers to com-munity needs
- Recongnize volunteers